|Grade Level||2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th|
|Item Condition||Used - Very Good|
NOVEL SETS IN EVERY GENRE
—For small groups and whole class.
—All in “very good” or better condition and nicely covered in clear contact paper unless otherwise noted.
—Engage reluctant readers with high-interest, quality literature.
—Differentiate for all learners with various reading levels within a set. (I used all of these novels with my 5th graders.)
—Hit all the literary genres in a single school year, and integrate with history, science, math, geography, and more!
—Buy them all for a discounted $700 ($790 value if you see my other posts for each separate set of novels). Literally save hundreds of dollars by buying used instead of new! A great way to spend grade-level money. Or ask your school’s PTA/PTO to purchase for your entire grade level and share among your classrooms! Parents want their students to enjoy reading, and will be thrilled to support you in this way!
HISTORICAL FICTION (REVOLUTIONARY WAR) SET
• 10 Johnny Tremain, Esther Forbes
• 8 Chains, Laurie Halse Anderson (hardback)
• 12 Woods Runner, Gary Paulsen
HISTORICAL FICTION (CIVIL WAR) SET
• 8 Elijah of Buxton, Christopher Paul Curtis
• 8 Girl in Blue, Ann Rinaldi
• 7 The Red Badge of Courage, Stephen Crane
• 11 The Slave Dancer, Paula Fox
• 12 Soldier’s Heart, Gary Paulsen
• 15 Bull Run, Paul Fleischman (6 uncovered)
SCIENCE FICTION SET
• 5 The White Mountains, John Christopher
• 6 A Wrinkle in Time, Madelieine L’Engle
• 6 Cosmic, Frank Cottrell Boyce
• 6 Sky Jumpers, Peggy Eddleman
• 5 The Time Machine, H. G. Wells
• 1 The City of Ember
• 6 Dark Life, Kat Falls (hardback + 1 Rip Tide)
• 9 Things Not Seen, Andrew Clemens (+ 2 Things Hoped for-book 2, & 1 Things That Are-book 3)
• 5 The Whipping Boy, Sid Fleischman
• 6 The Indian In The Cupboard, Lynne Reid Banks (4 hardback, + 1 The Secret Of The Indian, 1 The Return Of The Indian, & 1 The Mystery of the Cupboard)
• 5 The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, C. S. Lewis (2 uncovered)
REALISTIC FICTION SET
• 18 Stargirl, Jerry Spinelli
• 18 On My Honor, Marion Dane Bauer
• 5 Hatchet, Gary Paulsen (+ 1 copy each of Brian’s Hunt, Brian’s Winter, Brian’s Return, and The River)
• 6 Super Slugger, Cal Ripkin, Jr. (covered but unused)
• 6 Frindle, Andrew Clements
• 5 Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Jeff Kinney (1 uncovered)
• 5 Holes, Louis Sachar
• 10 Freckle Juice (uncovered)
• 6 Danny The Champion of the World, Roald Dahl
• 3 Hate That Cat, Sharon Creech (+ 1 Love That Dog)
• 6 I Like It Here At School, 26 poems collected & introduced by Jack Prelutsky
• 20 If I Ran The School, 24 poems selected & introduced by Bruce Lansky
ANIMAL LOVERS SET
• 7 The Incredible Journey, Sheila Burnford
• 8 Stone Fox, John Reynolds Gardener (2 uncovered, includes 1 “Paperback Plus” edition with more about dog heroes and dogsledding, races for kids and hand-made sleds)
• 7 The Mouse and the Motorcycle, Beverly Cleary (includes 2 large-print “Paperback Plus” editions with more about real mice and daring fictional mice on motorcycles)
• 6 James and the Giant Peach, Roald Dahl
• 6 Howliday Inn, James Howe (+ 2 The Celery Stalks at Midnight and 1 Bunnicula Strikes Again!)
• 6 Stuart Little, E. B. White (includes 1 hardcover, 2 in only fair condition)
• 7 Call It Courage, Armstrong Perry
• 9 Shiloh, Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
• 6 One White Dolphin, Gill Lewis
HISTORICAL FICTION SET
• 6 The Witch Of Blackbird Pond, Elizabeth George Speare (includes 1 only in fair condition)
• 5 The Sign of the Beaver, Elizabeth George Speare (includes 1 in only poor condition)
• 9 Island of the Blue Dolphins (includes 1 hardback)
• 8 Caddie Woodlawn, Carol Ryrie Brink
• 5 The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Abridged, vocabulary-building version—awesome!!)
• 6 A Long Way From Chicago, Richard Peck
• 5 Dangerous Waters, Gregory Mone (covered but never been used)
• 35 The Twenty-One Balloons, William Pene DuBois (hardback, includes files of classroom materials)
o This fascinating and suspenseful novel contains elements of historical fiction, fantasy, and science fiction.
o Full of rich vocabulary and figurative language.
o A sure-to-be classroom favorite!
o An exciting way to integrate reading with science units on volcanoes and/or inventions. Also contains wonderful connections to math, government, and geography.
• 33 From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, E. L. Konigsburg (includes files of classroom materials)
o Perfect for getting students excited about reading!
o Realistic fiction entwined with humor and a fascinating mystery.
• 32 Schooled, Gordon Korman (never been used, unmarked, uncovered, includes files of classroom materials)
o A hilarious and touching story sure to engage every single student in your class! One of my personal favorit
- Boise Idaho 83702